Search This Blog

Friday, August 27, 2010

No Boil Lasagna

I LOVE lasagna.  I think I've made it pretty clear how much I love Italian cooking in general but lasagnas are at the top of the list.  The only problem is that with such a busy schedule, who really has time for all that prep work??  I recently made a no boil lasagna with regular noodles and it turned out awesome according to my husband.  I decided to try it again using a recipe of my own.  Okay...let's be honest...there was no recipe but here's what went into it:

Ingredients:
1/2 med zucchini - shredded
1 med carrot - shredded
1 red pepper - diced
1 yellow onion - diced
5 crimini mushrooms - chopped
3 cloves garlic - minced

Saute above ingredients till tender.  Add garlic towards the end to maintain that true garlic flavor.  Season with a pinch of kosher salt.

15 oz. ricotta
2 eggs
1/4 c. parmesan
1 c. mozzarella - shredded
1 tsp kosher salt
1/4 c. chopped fresh basil
Fresh cracked pepper

Combine these ingredients in a small bowl and set aside

12 Uncooked lasagna noodles
1 28 oz jar Classico Marinara Sauce
1 small jar Alfredo sauce (I used Classico as well)


Now you're ready to assemble!
Spray lasagna dish with nonstick sprayer and spread 1/2 c.  marinara on bottom.  Layer 4 noodles along bottom. Top with ricotta mixture, veggies and 1/2 c. of alfredo sauce.  Layer 4 noodles and spread 1/2 c. marinara sauce on top.  Then continue ricotta, veggies and alfredo again.  Place last of the noodles on top.  Spread last of ricotta mixture and veggies and pour remaining marinara sauce on top.  Slowly pour 1/4 c water on top of it all.  Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake in preheated 350 oven for an hour.  Uncover and sprinkle 1 c. Italian cheese mixture and 2 tbsp fresh basil.  Continue baking an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.  Let sit 15 minutes before serving.

**I would water down the initial 1/2 c on bottom for noodles.  Mine turned out a little too al dente and dry.  I would add an extra 1/4 c water along bottom.**

No comments:

Post a Comment